If your basement suffers from regular flooding, or excessive moisture issues, you are not alone. Although this issue can be incredibly damaging there are high quality, and efficient waterproofing solutions available. Prior to having your basement finished it is recommended that you hire an established waterproofing company, like AM Waterproofing Solutions, to provide your basement with the moisture protection that it needs. If your basement has already been finished, and you wish to add some much needed moisture, and flood protection, our products are able to be applied effectively to almost any surface.
Causes of Basement Flooding, and Moisture Issues.
- If you live in an area geographically inclined to experience a large amount of rain, or snow fall, the soil around your foundation is more likely to become saturated quickly. When the water level within your soil reaches the top of your foundation wall, it can then spill over causing heavy leaks, and substantial flooding.
- Cracks in your foundation, and basement walls is the most common cause of moisture laden basements. These cracks are caused by heavy pressure being placed on your foundation by severely water laden soil. In order to properly rectify this, it is recommended that you water proof both your foundation, and basement to avoid future issues.
- Another cause of leakage in your basement area, is small air pockets within the concrete of your foundation. These pockets are caused by improper mixing, or pouring of the concrete used for your foundation. Luckily this issue is fairly simple to fix, if using a high quality sealant.
- Hydrostatic pressure, occurs when the weight of the water in the ground puts extreme pressure on your foundation, and basement walls. This can cause significant issues in your basement, including cracks in the concrete floor. Cracks in your basement floor can lead to intense flooding issues, and if not taken care of promptly, can also weaken the structural integrity of your entire home. Should you notice any cracks in your concrete basement floor, make immediate contact with a reputable waterproofing company.
Why Waterproof Your Basement?
- If you reside in an area that tends to see a large amount of rain, or snowfall throughout the year, there is a good chance that the soil surrounding your foundation is already saturated. This excess water can seep into your home, through the areas in which the floor and wall meet. Your home may already be prone to water seepage, and unfortunately you may not even realize it until the damage has been done. This issue can cause damage such as, cracks in your foundation, and structural damage to your walls.
- Without proper waterproofing precautions, you run the risk of anything that you may store in your basement being destroyed, should a flood occur. Boxes, books, clothing, anything wooden, irreplaceable items, all are at risk if you forgo sufficient waterproofing.
- If mold is discovered within your basement, you must not delay in receiving a quality waterproofing application. Mold thrives in damp conditions, and inhaling black mold in particular, can have serious health risks. This infestation is not to be taken lightly, and should be taken care of as soon as possible by a qualified waterproofing company.
- If your home is situated in an area in which the slope encourages water to flow towards your foundation, as opposed to away, the best course of action would be to regrade your exterior to rectify the issue. If this is not a viable option, waterproofing may be your only salvation against extreme water damage. In order for a waterproofing solution to be effective in this situation, a premium waterproof membrane should be applied to your foundation, and basement interior.
Our all natural waterproofing products are non-toxic, odor free, and can be applied indoors without the risk of any adverse health effects. This waterproofing product is guaranteed to seal any cracks within your interior basement walls, preventing the invasion of water, and water vapor. These waterproofing products also reduce any risk of damaging mold growth, and come in a variety of colours. The wide variety of waterproofing products that we offer come with extensive warranties, and are available in an array of application options. Based on your current issues, our waterproofing specialists can recommend the product and application technique that would work best for your home.